The Branch was formed in 1948 in order to continue the comradeship formed during the War Years.
Our original title was “The Dover Sub Branch”, but we were re-titled as the East Kent Branch in 1969. Between 1948 and 1977 the Branch was financed by the Regiment, but since 1977 the Branch has been financially independent and holds charitable status. The Grenadier Guards Association is registered under the Charities Act, 2011 – No. 287265.
The Branch was the inspiration of Mr AJ Pullen who was a member of the “Old Kent Branch” which met in Maidstone. He was our first Branch Secretary and Treasurer – a post he held for 25 years. Our first Chairman was Lieutenant Colonel Hanning.
The East Kent Branch continues to keep alive the comradeship formed in military service and provides welfare for our old and needy ex-servicemen and widows.
We are governed by the Regimental Association and follow their Association Rules and By-Laws for Branches.
We extend a warm welcome to all former Grenadiers as well as all former Troopers and Guardsmen of the Household Division who have passed through training at Caterham, Pirbright, Windsor, Catterick or other Guards Training establishments.